About the role
About the role
The Warrior Woman Foundation is an Australian charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission at www.acnc.gov.au. It is a Public Company Limited by Guarantee and Public Benevolent Institution. The foundation is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient and a Tax Concession Charity by the Australian Taxation Office.
We are a brand new organisation which started in March 2020, however we are very experienced team who have worked in the NFP sector for over 18 years .
The Warrior Woman Foundation was formed to bring like-minded people together to identify and create ways to support the young women of Australia who are our future, ensuring they are seen, heard and valued. We are a strong and active national women’s support movement of positive women who are mothers, business owners, community leaders, as well as advocates for the advancement of women in Australia. We are kind and caring people who genuinely want to create positive change for the female population. By empowering vulnerable young women to become strong independent warriors capable of taking their place in the world, we are strengthening Australian communities at large.
We are a small but growing “tribe” who are extremely passionate about the protection of children and the advancement of young women. We are all about teamwork, being ethical in everything we do and enjoy working with like-minded volunteers who we value.
About the role
Founder and CEO
The job requirement:
- As needed for advice and trouble shooting. We have a very simple set up and use Gsuite.
What we would like you to do:
We are seeking an IT support person to assess our overall IT systems and give advice on how we could improve them e.g. recommendations for software which we can access free of charge via Tech Soup/Connecting Up’s Not for Profit website. We also occasionally need troubleshooting support to resolve any IT issues that may arise e.g. resolving email error messages, help with installing spyware and managing the Google Drive in G-suite.
- Your expertise and patience as we would like you to teach us how to do things for ourselves. An ongoing commitment for at least 12 months would be ideal. This can be done in person at our office in Forestville or digitally.
- Smooth running IT systems which best assist us in our roles.
The Young Warrior Woman Program supports vulnerable young women 15-25 years of age transitioning from out of home care into independent living, who are at high risk of homelessness. It is designed to reduce the stress involved in leaving out of home care and learning to live independently.
The objectives of The Young Warrior Woman Program are to:
- reduce the stress involved in young vulnerable women leaving out of home care who are transitioning to independent living and are at high risk of homelessness
- provide a safe, stable and socially inclusive network of women to turn to for advice and ongoing support
- equip young women leaving care with the knowledge and the life skills to live independently
- provide assistance in finding safe and stable accommodation
- provide assistance in finding the right education and training
- provide assistance in finding employment
- provide assistance in finding regular welfare support
- ensure that these young vulnerable women do not end up homeless
Outcomes we aim to achieve.
After the program, our “Young Warriors” will have achieved/or have the knowledge and skills to achieve the following:
- independent personal identity
- clear goals for present and future trajectory of education, training, and employment
- safe, stable place to call home with the ability to meet their own basic needs
- sense of belonging as part of the ongoing support of The Warrior Woman Foundation tribe
- the knowledge and ability to manage money and save for a financially secure future
- the skills to run a household
- the skills to travel autonomously via public transport
- strong links with health professionals and ongoing mental health support
- the ability to identify and retain healthy stable relationships
- the knowledge of legal rights and where to get support
- increased resilience
- increased confidence through autonomy
- positively contributing members of the community
- hope for the future.
For more information on The Young Warrior Woman program please contact the Warrior tribe firstname.lastname@example.org
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0408162473
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: IT Manager via Pro Bono Australia.