About the role
RMCC helps kids from refugee and migrant backgrounds thrive in school and life.
Our purpose is to tackle the unique and complex barriers faced by children and youth between 5-18 years from refugee, asylum seeker and migrant backgrounds, who now call Australia home, through their settlement journey so they become empowered individuals capable of creating their own opportunities.
We do this by providing unique and tailored mentoring programs in four focus areas of education, identity and belonging, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing, as well as upskilling teachers to better support the needs of the youth within the wider school community. This ensures each young person’s needs are supported not only within our programs, but in all facets of their lives to achieve positive educational and social outcomes.
Alice and Bobby co-founded RMCC in response to Alice’s lived experience of the challenges she faced growing up in Australia with a refugee background. From humble beginnings in 2012, RMCC now assists over 1200 children across multiple programs.
• Providing technical support to a busy team for software, hardware, servers, routers, firewalls and networking equipment issues;
• Management of network hardware (e.g. switches, routers, access points);
• Software configuration;
• Ensuring internal monitoring systems are optimised;
• Internal consultation, sharing expertise and knowledge within the organisation;
• Update ICT Systems documentation.
Essential Selection Criteria:
• Passionate about the mission of RMCC and creating change for vulnerable refugee and migrant children;
• A relevant tertiary qualification, certification and/or equivalent experience;
• Troubleshooting experience in and excellent knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, print, hardware, and file servers;
• The ability to solve complicated problems in a multi-platform environment and quickly learn new technologies;
• The ability to explain technical concepts and communicate effectively with systems users;
• The ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks to deadlines;
• Self-motivated and driven individual who can work both independently with limited guidance and in a team environment;
• Ability to attend monthly team meetings outside of business hours.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: IT Support Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.