About the Role
RMCC empowers refugee and migrant children and youth to create their own opportunities. We tackle barriers that prevent engagement in education and the community by mentoring kids in our four focus areas: education, social identity, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing.
The RMCC journey started back in 2012 with a homework club and has evolved to us assisting over 600 kids across multiple programs. By 2020, our goal is to reach over 2000 kids. We’re a different kind of charity, functioning outside of the status quo, and we value being fluid with the changing world around us. We love what we do – and we do it differently by not providing one solution for every child: we see each kid as unique, and that means their potential will be tapped into uniquely too.
We are seeking an IT Support volunteer to join our team at our office in Sunshine, for 2 days per week for a minimum of 6 months. To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated technical skills combined with exceptional communication skills to deliver efficient, effective solutions and support for our small team.
This position involves but is not necessarily limited to
• Providing technical support to a busy team for software, hardware, servers, routers, firewalls and networking equipment issues;
• Management of network hardware (e.g. switches, routers, access points);
• Software configuration;
• Ensuring internal monitoring systems are optimised;
• Internal consultation, sharing expertise and knowledge within the organisation;
• Update ICT Systems documentation.
Essential Selection Criteria:
• Passionate about the mission of RMCC and creating change for vulnerable refugee and migrant children;
• A relevant tertiary qualification, certification and/or equivalent experience;
• Troubleshooting experience in and excellent knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, print, hardware, and file servers;
• The ability to solve complicated problems in a multi-platform environment and quickly learn new technologies;
• The ability to explain technical concepts and communicate effectively with systems users;
• The ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks to deadlines;
• Self-motivated and driven individual who can work both independently with limited guidance and in a team environment;
• Ability to attend monthly team meetings outside of business hours.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: IT Support Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.