About the role
The IT Technician key responsibilities is to Improve the technology and information systems of the organisation by analysing the architecture, recommending actions, and helping to implement solutions.
The key duties are:
– Monitoring and maintaining business information systems (BIS) used by the business
– Helping maintain the website focusing on improving performance, UX and SEO
– Investigating methods to make it easier for teams to utilise technology to help solve their
– Providing general technical support across the organisation
– Setting up accounts for new users
– Recommending improvements to the technology and security position of the organisation
We are looking for someone who is:
– Knowledge of (or ability to learn) WordPress content management system (CMS)
– Awareness/knowledge of programming languages – particularly front-end (HTML, CSS,
some JS). Back-end helps but not essential (WordPress is PHP-based)
– Knowledge of networks, databases and servers
– Knowledge of the general Google suite
– Ability to improve existing technologies used by the organisation
– Passionate about the fight against sexual violence
– Critical thinker
– Strong initiative and can-do attitude
– Strong communication skills
The successful applicant will be required to commit to 3-5 hours per week.
What you will get out of it:
This is a volunteer position with Empowered Together.
Joining our team puts you at the core of our mission and gives you a voice in the fight against sexual violence.
As an IT Specialist, you will have the opportunity to:
– Gain experience in managing the IT systems of an organisation.
– Develop skills in communication, analytics and problem-solving.
– Be a part of the mission of educating the community on consent and sexual assault.
– Work with a dedicated group of young individuals.
About the organisation
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to our Chief Operating Officer, Ryan Ward at email@example.com
Please quote in application: IT Technician via Pro Bono Australia.