About the role
Committee members share these major resposniblities while acting voluntarily in the interest of Jika Jika Community Centre.
- Organisational leadership, strategic direction, future visioning and probity
- Organisation of the Committee, Officers and sub Committees
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of an annual budget
- Promotion of the organisation
- Management oversight including: adoption and oversight of polices and procedures, evaluation and staff development of Centre Manager, review of organisational plans and reports.
About the organisation
Jika Jika Community Centre is a Neighbourhood House with a 30 year history of partnering with and serving the Northcote community.
Working from 2 venues in Northcote, Jika Jika encourages particpation of all members of the community. More than 700 people attend programs and activites at Jika Jika on a regular basis.
Current programs focus are focused on meeting the needs of; children and their parents and cares, older people, people on low income and local people.
How to apply
Please see the Position description on how to express your interest in joing the team.
Please quote in application: Jika Jika Committee of Governance Member via Pro Bono Australia.