About the role
Jobs Club Volunteer
Location: Epping Community Services Hub
Hours: Wednesdays 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Role – Through practical weekly sessions use your skills to coach people from refugee, migrant and asylum seeker backgrounds to be job ready.
Summary of program and its objectives
The ReSource Youth Program facilitates participation in education and employment for young people of refugee, migrant and asylum seeker backgrounds aged 15 – 25. The purpose of the Jobs Club Volunteer is to work alongside program staff to increase participants’ work readiness, access to employment and vocational opportunities, and social connections.
Given the Chance delivers a range of demand-led employment programs that work closely with both employers and disadvantaged jobseekers across Melbourne (Fitzroy, Dandenong, Flemington and Epping).
To meet the selection criteria, candidate will require
- Current knowledge and experience of Australian workplace and education pathways
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to young people
- An understanding of and empathy with people from diverse and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Understanding of and sympathy with the values and ideals of the BSL
For full details, refer to the Role Description or phone Angus Blackburn, Program Manager, Given the Chance on (03) 9422 5634.
Applications close 8 November 2019.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0394831390
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Jobs Club Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.