About the Role
LOCATION: Epping Community Services Hub
HOURS: Wednesdays 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Summary of program and its objectives
Given the Chance – delivers a range of demand-led employment programs that work closely with both employers and disadvantaged jobseekers across Melbourne (Fitzroy, Dandenong, Flemington and Epping).
The Jobs Club Volunteer facilitates participation in education and employment for young people of refugee, migrant and asylum seeker backgrounds aged 15 – 25. The purpose of the Jobs Club Volunteer is to work alongside program staff to increase participants’ work readiness, access to employment and vocational opportunities, and social connections.
To meet the selection criteria, candidate will require
- Current knowledge and experience of Australian workplace and education pathways
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to young people
- An understanding of and empathy with people from diverse and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Understanding of and sympathy with the values and ideals of the BSL
For full details, refer to the Jobs Club Volunteer Role Despriction (PDF, 110kb) or phone Anna Hutchens, Community Volunteers Coordinator on (03) 9422 5625.
To apply: please email a cover letter , completed screening questionnaire and your resume to volunteer(at)bsl.org.au
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0394831390
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Jobs Club Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.