About the Role
This volunteer position enables Land Of Welcome to
• Establish and nurture partnerships with external organisations who
o Support a community of people with a refugee or asylum seeker background,
o Can help with joint fundraisers and volunteer sourcing
o Already require their students to do volunteer work.
• Leverage existing expressions of interest
• Generate support for new Land Of Welcome activities that meet the universities’ criteria for partner organisations receiving students
• Use partnerships with other organisations to provide interesting complementary volunteering options to students
• Leverage the fact that some students already volunteer with organisations providing services to the Atherton Gardens Housing Commission Estate
Your contribution to the achievement of Land Of Welcome’s objectives will be recognized by a formal certificate of appreciation. A job well done may open new opportunities for you with people within our network who might benefit from your skills.
• Attend organisations’ meetings, and where appropriate promote their activities.
• Contribute solutions for effective partnership processes.
• Optimise the impact of projects and the allocation of resources
• Develop a relationship of trust fostering volunteer engagement.
• Evaluate the outcomes and opportunities for improvement of each partnership. Make recommendations for future partnerships
Good people skills and experience working and partnering with established not for profit organisations or companies.
About the organisation
Land Of welcome is a not-for-profit association of volunteers focused on making Australia a more welcoming community. In our vision of success, new Australians with a refugee or asylum seeker background, feel welcome and valued, and settled Australians have discovered new perspectives and are actively involved in positive change.
Our core activities include monthly friendship picnics, volunteering in projects that facilitate the successful integration of new Australians, and generating funds for projects benefiting new Australians.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0447296003
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Land Of Welcome Partnerships Manager (Volunteer) via Pro Bono Australia.