About the Role
Little Things for Tiny Tots is a West Australian charity based in Perth. We are seeking a volunteer to fill the role of Communications (Social Media) Coordinator, reporting to the Committee of Management (Committee).
We distribute new and pre-loved essential baby items to WA families in need. We provide a box of “little things” to assist families to care for their newborn with items such as clothing, blankets, nappies, wipes, toys and books. We collect and package donations together with a team of volunteers and distribute our New Baby Boxes via existing support services and government agencies. We are proud to help to create a sustainable future for our children by recycling used items.
• Registered with Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission (ACNC).
• Charity Licence approved by Department of Commerce WA.
About the Role
We are seeking a new Perth based volunteer to fill the position of Communications (Social Media) Coordinator. The role will maintain the charity’s social media platforms in order to communicate key messages to our donors, volunteers and other supporters. You will also be the primary person responsible for responding to enquiries from the public.
• Create, edit and publish content weekly to Facebook and Instagram (1-2 posts per week)
• Moderate and respond to public comments
• Respond to all private and direct messages via Facebook and Instagram (5-10 enquiries per week)
• Collaborate with committee members to generate content ideas
• Build a strong online community with meaningful connections to encourage donations and engage new volunteers
• Knowledge of Facebook pages, Instagram and Canva.
• Understanding of current social media trends and how to build reach and engagement.
• Personal commitment to the mission of Little Things.
• Strong written communication, relationship building and organisational skills.
• Trustworthy, creative and team player.
• Previous experience managing business/charity social media accounts desirable but not essential.
• Based in metropolitan Perth.
Approximately 4-8 hours a month including monthly committee meetings via Skype. Attendance at one or two volunteer sessions at the commencement of the role is required.
Want to apply?
This position is available immediately. If you are enthusiastic with a great ability to connect with people, a passion for social media and a strong commitment to helping your community we look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your qualifications, experience and why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Coordinator Application.” Please note this is an unpaid volunteer role.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Little Things for Tiny Tots – Communications Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.