About the Role
Little Things for Tiny Tots is a West Australian charity based in Perth. We are seeking a new member to fill the voluntary role of General Committee Member in the Committee of Management (Committee).
We distribute new and pre-loved essential baby items to WA families in need. We provide a box of “little things” to assist families to care for their newborn with items such as clothing, blankets, nappies, wipes, toys and books. We collect and package donations together with a team of volunteers and distribute our New Baby Boxes via existing support services and government agencies. We are proud to help to create a sustainable future for our children by recycling used items.
• Registered with Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission (ACNC).
• Charity Licence approved by Department of Commerce WA.
About the Role
We are seeking a new Perth based member to fill the voluntary role of General Committee Member.
The General Committee Member will assist in directing the activity of the charity, ensuring outcomes are met and operations run smoothly.
• Overseeing and contributing to the work of the charity.
• Strong support of the vision, values and objectives of the charity.
• Provide appropriate time and effort to the obligations of being a committee member.
• Acting with integrity and avoiding conflicts of interest.
• Personal commitment to the mission of Little Things.
• Ability to devote time and effort to help Little Things for Tiny Tots achieve its strategic objectives, including attendance at monthly committee meetings as well as some volunteering sessions.
• Willingness to take a leadership role.
• Trustworthy, methodical and consistent.
• Experience in any one of the following areas is desirable although not essential:
o not-for-profit sector
o stakeholder engagement
o volunteer engagement
o fundraising and/or sponsorship
o grant applications
o strategic planning
o logistics and/or operations
• Based in metropolitan Perth.
Approximately 6-10 hours a month including monthly committee meetings via Skype and attendance at volunteer sessions throughout the year.
Want to apply?
This position is available immediately. If you are enthusiastic with a great ability to connect with people, are able and willing to commit your time and are passionate about helping your community we look forward to hearing from you!
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your qualifications, experience and why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “General Committee Member Application.” Please note this is an unpaid volunteer role.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Little Things for Tiny Tots – General Committee Member via Pro Bono Australia.