About the Role
Little Things for Tiny Tots is a West Australian charity based in Perth. We are seeking a new member to fill the voluntary role of Treasurer in the Committee of Management (Committee).
We distribute new and pre-loved essential baby items to WA families in need. We provide a box of “little things” to assist families to care for their newborn with items such as clothing, blankets, nappies, wipes, toys and books. We collect and package donations together with a team of volunteers and distribute our New Baby Boxes via existing support services and government agencies. We are proud to help to create a sustainable future for our children by recycling used items.
• Registered with Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission (ACNC).
• Charity Licence approved by Department of Commerce WA.
About the Role
We’re seeking a Perth based committee member to fill the position of Treasurer. The role completely manages the financial requirements of the business from a “day to day” transactional perspective to management and financial reporting. As the primary person responsible for all financial matters, your stakeholders are both internal (the Committee) and external (ATO, external auditors, ACNC, Dept. of Commerce, Banks etc). Your financial background may also be utilised in strategy and risk management.
• Complete oversight of transactional data.
• Monthly management reporting.
• Annual Reporting to external stakeholders (ACNC, Dept. of Commerce, etc)
• Preparation of quartile BAS submissions to the ATO.
• Preparation of Annual Financial Statements and accompanying notes.
• Point of contact to external audit.
• Cash management and bank liaison.
• Assistance with other tasks and activities based on the needs of the charity
• Tertiary qualifications in Accounting and strong financial and accounting skills.
• CPA/CA qualified or working towards.
• Personal commitment to the mission of Little Things.
• Ability to devote time and effort to help Little Things achieve its strategic objectives
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Willingness to take a leadership role.
• Trustworthy, methodical and consistent.
• Based in metropolitan Perth.
• Approximately 6-10 hours a month including monthly committee meetings via Skype and attendance at volunteer sessions throughout the year.
Want to apply?
This position is available immediately. Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your qualifications, experience and why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Treasurer Application.” Please note this is an unpaid volunteer role.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: Little Things for Tiny Tots – Treasurer via Pro Bono Australia.