About the Role
We need warm and welcoming families, who have room in their hearts and their homes, to help accommodate talented Aboriginal teenagers who have won a scholarship for a life-changing opportunity to go to school and play football in Sydney.
The students will be travelling from their home in the remote Northern Territory to Sydney to chase their dreams with support and encouragement from their families and loved ones. With a chance to gain insight into their unique Aboriginal worldview, whilst watching these children grow and develop to reach their potential, the experience is immensely rewarding.
We are seeking host families with teenage children of their own, who are able to:
– Provide a ‘home away from home’ environment where the child feels welcome and safe
– Help with school pick up/drop-off, transport to football games, training, and key appointments or occasional special events where their attendance is required
– Provide the child with his or her own or shared bedroom, nutritious meals, and assistance with life skills.
We endeavour to find host families with the dedication, knowledge and skills to best help our students with homesickness and finding their feet in the city. They transition with remarkable resilience from a remote Indigenous community with less than 1000 permanent residents, to large, diverse, fast-paced Sydney. Interest in Indigenous culture and experience in social, youth or work with children are helpful.
How will we support you?
– Dedicated support team and direct contacts for assistance outside of regular hours/weekends
– Weekly carer allowance to meet costs
– Student wellbeing and development plans
– School liaison support
– Breaks each school holidays as the students return home at the conclusion of each term
To be eligible, a valid Working With Children’s Permit and Police Check are required. The Nangala Project is happy to assist with the process of attaining either.
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Scholarships Coordinator Tyler Adams by email, email@example.com, or Tel 0422 024 315.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0422024315
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Loving Host Families Needed For Indigenous Children via Pro Bono Australia.