About the role
The Deli Women and Children’s Centre is a trauma specialist family support service, focusing on the safety and wellbeing of women and children. We provide counselling, casework, groups and family support services to women and children, particularly those who have experienced domestic violence. We also provide parenting support and programs to families, including supported playgroups for children 0-5 years.
The Deli is managed by a committed volunteer Management Committee and we are currently seeking suitable new Committee Members to help us continue to develop and enhance this valuable community service. The Management Committee meets monthly at the Centre, usually on the third Thursday of the month, from 5.30pm for approximately 2 hours. Committee members are asked to peruse documentation for the meeting one week prior, in preparation for the meeting and may be asked to take an active role in issues based working groups. These working groups would require additional time and work commitment.
We need someone with demonstrated experience and expertise in fundraising to fulfil this position
• Extensive expertise in fundraising for Not for Profit organisations (both individual and corporate fundraising)
• Stakeholder management skills at a senior level
• Experience managing marketing and PR activities to promote organisation with a direct outcome being to generate funds
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Initiative and flexibility to respond to new opportunities as they arise
This is a highly rewarding, enjoyable role in a well respected and established community organisation. The work done by The Deli is life changing, life saving and makes a considerable difference to the lives of women, families and their community.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Management Committee Member, Fundraising expertise (volunteer) via Pro Bono Australia.