About the Role
Are you passionate about empowering people and helping improve lives?
Would you like to be part of a growing organisation that is person-focussed and highly committed to serving the community?
BCD Community Care Incorporated (BCD) is seeking passionate and goal-focussed skilled volunteers who are able to contribute in managing and supporting BCD as a Committee member. All Committee members are dedicated volunteers who contribute to the operation, management and growth of the organisation.
We are a registered charity under the Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission. We are a disability services and approved aged care provider, providing innovative, quality based response to individual identified needs of service users. Our mission is to develop and deliver high quality support services that enables service users to make individual choices that leads to quality of life. As a disability services organisation and approved aged care provider, BCD is undergoing significant changes in a rapidly changing environment.
BCD’s vision is ‘Empowering People’.
As a Committee member, you will need to:
• Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of BCD
• For Office Bearers – Attend regular monthly Committee meetings, and participate in
subcommittee groups (if necessary)
• Demonstrate strong communication skills including working as part of the team
• Leverage special skill set you may possess that the Committee may be seeking
• Proactively drive goals to achieve BCD objectives
• Promote and speak positively for and on behalf of BCD
• Be an active team player supporting colleagues and attending to responsibilities in a
1. A valid Working with Children Check
2. National Police Check
3. Commitment to, and understanding of, BCD’s mission and vision.
4. Experience and understanding of corporate governance, as applicable to a not for profit
5. Excellent people and communication skills.
6. Knowledge of, or experience in at least one of the following key areas:
a. Disability or aged care services
c. Grants and funding
d. Risk and Compliance
e. Organisational development
f. Community engagement
The next AGM will be held in November 2017 and we will be calling for Committee nominations for Office Bearers leading up to this date.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0428270109
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Management Committee Members via Pro Bono Australia.