About the role
LBL Philanthropy is a registered charity that focus on mental health and poverty
LBL Philanthropy is a small but growing organisation committed to raising awareness of mental health issues across the community and improving the lives and wellbeing of those affected. We understand how mental health issues can isolate and diminish a person’s quality of life and we want help those affected to feel supported, loved and respected.
We undertake our work through a number of activities and are funded via the support of generous donors and fundraising campaigns. In addition to our work in Australia, we also raise funds to undertake programs in developing countries to help reduce hardship and hunger for children and families living in poverty.
We are seeking experience counselor and therapist to join our team to heal children and adults with mental health issues.Work with individuals, groups and communities to improve mental health. Encourage clients to discuss feelings and experiences. Examine issues including substance abuse, aging, bullying, anger management, careers, depression, relationships, LGBTQ issues, self-image, stress and suicide.
This position offers trauma-informed, person-centred, disability and culturally aware counselling, support, information and referrals to callers and online patients in China
The duties involves understanding and responding to clients needs with an ability to connect with people with a range of disabilities and backgrounds.
- Provide counselling and support to people making contact through diverse access modes online
- Adhere to best practice clinical protocols in working with complex trauma
- Attend to self-care by attending professional development and regular supervision
You have experience providing counselling to survivors of complex trauma and/or violence, people with disabilities, and/or in mental health. You are flexible, can work in a fast paced, pressured environment with fluctuating demands, and meet the unique demands arising from clients needs.
- Qualifications in counselling, social work or psychology
- A friendly approach to working with people
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with the dynamics and impacts of trauma
- An understanding in referring to a range of counselling and support services
- Skill in risk assessment and management and crisis intervention
- An ability to quickly develop working relationships
- Demonstrated commitment to making a difference
- Availability and willingness to work online and rotating weekend shifts
Benefit in Volunteering:
– You can gain experiences
– Help make a differences
– Gain references
– Meet new friends
– Improve your skills
This position is volunteer and online over weekends
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Mandarin Speaking Therapist and Counsellor (Volunteer) via Pro Bono Australia.