About the Role
Do you love meeting new people? Are you passionate about utilising your time to make a positive impact on society?
Human and Hope Association Incorporated (HHA Inc.) are the Australian fundraising board supporting a grassroots community centre Human and Hope Association (HHA) in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Founded in 2011, HHA have developed from a nightly English school into a reputable NGO that is achieving great outcomes in collaboration with community members. Run entirely by a team of Cambodians, their mission is to empower Cambodians to create sustainable futures for themselves. They are achieving that through education, vocational training and community support projects.
HHA Inc. is a small organisation with a dynamic and driven volunteer board. Your actions will have a direct impact on the lives of the families with whom HHA works. You will have the ability to create and lead real change through your fundraising efforts.
HHA operates projects in the village in the Siem Reap area:
– Education programs for children including Preschool program, English program, Khmer program, library, living values and art class;
– 10 month long vocational Sewing Program for the most disadvantaged members of the community to gain useful skill and find paid work;
– Community projects including workshops, farming training and university scholarships; and
– Hope Handicrafts made at home by sewing program graduates which we sell online and through retailers and events.
We are looking for a passionate person based in Sydney to undertake the role of Market Coordinator. These handicrafts not only provide a livelihood for the Cambodian women making them, all monies are sent back to Cambodia to provide education to children living in poverty.
The Handicrafts Coordinator is responsible for holding market stalls to sell the range of Hope Handicrafts products.
The Market Coordinator can expect to spend one day a month undertaking this role.
This role reports directly to the President of Human and Hope Association Incorporated.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Hold one market stall a month.
– Collect the market products and equipment from the President in Northmead or Marrickville, and return in a timely fashion.
– Ensure the market stall is consistently visually appealing.
– Keep products and market equipment in good condition.
– Engage with customers and raise awareness about Human and Hope Association.
– Ensure the quality recording of income raised and products sold and communicate this to the President.
– Collate feedback on the products and offer suggestions on potential new products.
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date C.V with a cover letter stating why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com. Please be sure to contact Sally, HHA Inc.’s President, if you have any questions about the position.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0424080186
Please quote in application: Market Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.