About the Role
Lively is a social enterprise that connects generations, creates meaningful employment for young jobseekers, and increases the connectedness and inclusion of older people in our community. We train and employ young jobseekers to spend meaningful time with older people, helping them learn how to use technology as a tool for connecting with people, pursuing interests and maintaining independence.
Through this service, older people gain skills that help them feel more connected and included in their communities, and young people access meaningful and rewarding employment. Most importantly, however, the service also builds rich, mutually beneficial connections across the generations, and breaks down negative ageist attitudes.
Why we need you
We are currently entering an exciting period of growth, and we need a dynamic, motivated team member to help take Lively to the next level. Specifically, we are looking for a proactive, professional Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator to promote and establish our technology help service model, including through outreach to aged care partners, and through development and distribution of effective marketing collateral. Our new team member will also manage our web presence and build Lively’s profile through effective social media management, PR, media engagement and other creative marketing strategies.
Reporting to and working closely with Lively’s Founder and CEO, the Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator will:
• Increase Lively’s profile and brand awareness among target audiences and key stakeholder groups
• Develop and implement marketing strategies to support the rollout of Lively’s technology help service model, including the development of referral networks in a number of community areas around Melbourne
• Prepare and deliver high quality marketing collateral and stakeholder communications, including print, electronic and social media
• Manage the Lively website and social media platforms, and generate high quality blog and social media content
• Oversee Lively’s brand management and guidelines
• Proactively identify and pursue PR and media opportunities
• Prepare presentations and reports, including grant applications and partnership proposals as required
• Support the CEO in developing and managing strategic partnerships and relationships with aged care providers, funders, local councils and the broader community
• Develop and implement creative marketing and communications initiatives to amplify Lively’s work and impact
• Contribute to the development and achievement of the wider organisational strategic plan
You are an enthusiastic, dynamic, self-motivated and proactive professional, who is keen to join our mission to connect and support young and older community members.
You are highly professional and articulate with excellent interpersonal skills, exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to producing high quality outcomes. You will have a strong ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision, and you will be excited by the opportunity to contribute your own creative ideas to the development of our marketing strategy and the growth of our social enterprise. Most importantly, you will be:
• A self-starter, comfortable exercising initiative and bringing your own creative ideas to the table
• At your best operating under broad direction and with plenty of autonomy
• Comfortable working in a start-up environment – that is, amidst uncertainty and rapid change
You will ideally have the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrated experience or tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing, public relations, business development, social media management and/or copywriting
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive marketing, communications and business development strategies
• Demonstrated experience in the preparation of web content, marketing collateral and other types of print, electronic and social media marketing
• Demonstrated experience in social media management, and proven ability to build engaged social media followings
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and establish professional strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including through proactive outreach to new potential partners
• Exceptional written communication and copywriting skills, and demonstrated ability to adhere to brand guidelines in all communications
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritise competing demands
Creative development experience, including graphic design and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, will be highly regarded but not essential.
What we can offer you
• Professional development opportunities in the field of social enterprise, start-ups and community development
• The opportunity to take ownership of a core role in an exciting, innovative social enterprise with significant growth potential in the next 12 months
• The opportunity to expand your professional network across the social enterprise, youth engagement and aged care sectors
• Exposure to board level decision making and strategy development, through invitations to attend Lively board meetings
• The possibility of becoming a paid staff member (funding dependent)
• Satisfaction of contributing to the growth and development of programs and services with significant positive impacts for young and older members of our community.
We are looking for a team member who can commit 1-2 days per week in a voluntary capacity for at least 6 months. Dependent on funding and performance, the opportunity to transition into a paid role may arise, however this is not guaranteed. You will work with us out of our office on Southbank in the Melbourne CBD.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please submit your CV and cover letter as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact email@example.com with any queries.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0430661405
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.