About the Role
GIO 2018 IWRF WRWC VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Marketing and Communications Intern
Reports to: Marketing and Partnerships Manager
Dates: Mid-July – end of August (Event time: 5 – 10 August)
Availability: 2 – 3 days per week
Location: Sydney Olympic Park
Disability Sports Australia (DSA) Office in the lead-up to the event and event venues at event time (5-10 August)
From 5 – 10 August 2018, the Quaycentre (formerly the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre) and Genea Netball Centre will be home to the world’s top 12 wheelchair rugby teams including the Australian Steelers who are the reigning Paralympic and world champions playing to defend their world title on home soil.
We are looking for students who would like to join the marketing team in an internship role. The intern will work closely with the Marketing and partnerships Manager to plan and implement the marketing strategy for the event. This is a very hands on role to develop key skills in marketing.
The Marketing and Communications intern will assist with:
• Developing and implementing the marketing, communications and engagement plan
• Liaison with different stakeholders such as suppliers and clubs
• The implementation of the Family Fun Day and Rugby Clubs program
• Preparing and updating marketing documents
• Administrative support
• Friendly and approachable
• Problem solving skills beneficial
• Be resourceful and proactive
• Reliable and committed
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Desirable: own laptop
• Able to communicate with suppliers via the phone
What can you gain?
• Hands-on involvement in marketing development
• Communication skills
• Learn to work with a team
• Event marketing skills
To apply for this position please forward your Resume together with a Cover Letter outlining WHY you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please contact the Workforce Team on 0497 066 387 or email@example.com.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0497066387
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Marketing and Communications Intern – 2018 Wheelchair Rugby World via Pro Bono Australia.