About the Role
The Global EverGreening Alliance is an international NGO which coordinates the development and implementation of massive-scale environmental restoration and sustainable agricultural intensification projects in developing countries around the world.
The organization was established by its members to facilitate a collaborative approach to the global problems of food insecurity, rural poverty, climate change and land degradation, and to develop and implement long-term solutions at a globally significant scale.
Its core members include World Vision, Conservation International, the World Resources Institute, the World Agroforestry Centre, CARE International, Oxfam, Catholic Relief Services and The Nature Conservancy.
The organization is currently undergoing a significant re-structure and expansion, which includes relocating a significant part of its secretariat from Nairobi, Kenya to Melbourne, re-building its website and establishing a cloud-based platform to support and geospatially track the progress and impact of global land restoration programs. To support this work, it is seeking a volunteer to assist in all aspects of internal and external communications – from facilitating and minuting teleconferences, to engaging media and technical focal points from key international organisations to source material for reports, newsletters, web-content, blogs and social media, to updating the structure and content of the organisation’s WordPress website.
· Arranging, taking notes and preparing reports in respect of meetings and teleconferences
· Contributing to the development and maintenance of the communications strategy, policies, procedures, registers and records
· Drafting communication documents, articles, newsletters, and content for the organization’s website including blogs, reviews and project reports
· Drafting content and maintaining social media accounts
· Contributing to the management and maintenance of the organisation’s website
· Reviewing news, media releases and relevant websites to source content and identify upcoming events and opportunities
· Reviewing the websites and social media, and engaging with communications and technical focal points of members and partner organizations to source material and content
· Interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage with colleagues both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
· Time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks, manage workloads, and meet deadlines
· Problem solving skills and an ability to work independently, as well as an effective team member to achieve shared goals
· Writing skills, including the use of correct grammar and expression
· Training and/or experience using WordPress is highly regarded. Please indicate your experience in your CV
· Training and/or experience in communications, media and/or journalism, while not essential, would be an advantage
· Training and/or experience in environmental conservation, rural development, agriculture, climate change or similar, while not essential, would be an advantage
This role may lead to a permanent paid position.
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, and to discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organization’s child protection and anti-bullying policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to agree to an Australian Police Record Check and either provide or agree to apply for a Working With Children card.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Media and Communications Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.