About the Role
Our charity is looking for someone who can volunteer or provide pro bono services for about 5 hours per month, and is looking to give back to the community outside of their regular employment. This might suit a university student currently undergoing, or who has recently completed, their university degree in communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Initiate and respond to all internal and external enquiries related to media and PR.
- Media release drafting, finalizing, sending.
- Manage and build our media register.
- Increase brand awareness and manage public relations.
- Assist in crafting well worded emails, pitch decks, and proposal materials.
The ideal candidate might:
- Hold a degree in communications or PR, or currently be a student.
- Currently or recently be employed elsewhere in a role with mid to high media and PR related responsibilities.
- Have strong communications and networking skills, a background in business or marketing, and be willing to give this role a go trying something new.
Location and hours:
- There are no set hours for this role, aside from any interviews or meetings to attend.
- This role is able to be carried out remotely and we will accept interstate applicants provided they are able to communicate via phone, email, and video link to any media interviews that would otherwise take place in-person.
- Hours are estimated to average out at maybe 5 hours per month, with some months having no workload or time needed, while other months having maybe 15 hours (such as the lead up to May awareness month).
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Media/PR Officer application (Pro Bono Australia)
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Media/PR Officer via Pro Bono Australia.