About the Role
Optimum Patient Care is a Social Enterprise focused on education and support services at no cost to General Practitioners, including educational workshops, clinical audit and review programs. Our mission is to support best practice for chronic disease management in primary care and make a difference to patients, using ethically approved real-life research.
We have an exciting opportunity within our growing research arm for a Medical Research Communications Assistant to lead administrative services and support to the company directors. This position supports OPC’s operations across a range of administrative functions including communications, emailing and data entry. The successful applicant will liaise with a range of academic, research and administrative staff as well as external stakeholders from all areas of the health sector.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Supporting the senior management team with daily email management.
• Provide administrative services including communications, medical writing, research output capture and reporting.
• Managing communications with medical experts and maintaining online project management tools.
• Assist with the preparation of communications; proof read manuscripts; format, collate and disseminate documents.
• Respond to or escalate enquiries as appropriate.
• Perform other general duties required to support the daily operations of OPC Australia.
Candidates must have experience of the academic field and familiarisation with medical or scientific terminology would provide a distinct advantage.
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with a proven ability to liaise effectively at all levels with a diverse range of people.
Evidence of diligence and attention to detail in the production of quality documentation, entering of data and preparation of meeting papers and reports.
High level of communication skills in English – both verbal and written.
High level computer skills, including word processing packages, spreadsheets, databases, email, internet, bibliographic referencing applications.
Proven ability to prioritise workload, work efficiently and cooperate with others to meet deadlines.
HOURS AND LOCATION
This position requires a minimum 3 months commitment for 2 – 3 days per week
Hours to be negotiated – Flexible schedule for an average of 15 – 20 hours per week
Office location is in Dewar Terrace, Corinda. Parking is available and Corinda railway station is within easy reach.
BENEFITS AND RECOGNITION
This position provides:
• $100 per week pocket money
• Morning tea and lunch included
• OPC will provide reference letter for all volunteers who successfully complete the placement
• Possibility of conversion to a work contract at the end of the placement for the right candidate
Further Information and applications please write to firstname.lastname@example.org including your resume and any questions you might have. Please place “Medical Research Communications Assistant” + your name in the Subject line.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Medical Research Communications Assistant – volunteer position via Pro Bono Australia.