About the role
Position: Member of Audit and Risk Management Committee (Board Sub-Committee)
Organisation : Council on the Ageing Victoria (COTA)
Salary Type : Volunteer
Closing date : 25th September
Seeking a suitably skilled individual to work in a leading not-for-profit organisation representing the interests and rights of older people as a member for the organisation’s Audit & Risk Management Committee.
About the Organisation
Council on the Ageing (COTA Victoria) is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the interests and rights of people aged over 50 in Victoria. For nearly 70 years in Victoria, we have led government, corporate and community thinking about the positive aspects of ageing.
COTA Victoria’s strategic and operational focus is on promoting older age as a time of opportunities for personal growth, contribution and self-expression. We believe there are obvious National, State, community, family and individual benefits from this approach.
COTA Victoria has an experienced Board; highly qualified, permanent staff located in a central Melbourne office location; and a broad State membership and volunteer base.
About the Role
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with committed board members to build your pro-bono experience as well as making a significant impact on the lives of older people.
The Board seeks the appointment of an enthusiastic volunteer to fill a vacancy within their Audit & Risk Management Committee as an independent member.
We are seeking someone with CPA qualifications and experience in Finance and Risk Management.
Previous or current Board experience would be highly regarded. Applicants must be residents within Victoria.
- Monitor and review the organisation’s compliance and risk management programs;
- Consider the appointment of the external auditor, the nature and scope of audit, the audit findings and managements responses;
- Review COTA Victoria’s statement on internal control systems prior to endorsement by the Board;
- Evaluate the process COTA Victoria has in place for assessing and continuously improving internal controls, particularly those related to areas of significant risk;
- Consider the major findings of internal investigations and management’s response;
- Consider other topics, as defined by the Board.
We’re looking for someone with:
- CPA qualifications with a current practising certificate issued by either CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand or Institute of Public Accountants.
- Sound finance and risk technical knowledge.
- An understanding of charities with experience in corporate governance in the context of a not for profit organisation ideally within the community sector.
- The capacity to attend a minimum of four and maximum of six committee meetings and participate actively in its work.
- Contributing with passionate Directors and staff to support the organisations vision and objectives.
- Has an interest in ageing and protecting the rights of older people as they age.
How to Apply:
This is an unpaid position.
Please send a covering letter demonstrating what value/s you believe you will bring to this position including a copy of your current curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Member of Audit and Risk Management Committee (Board Sub-Committe via Pro Bono Australia.