About the role
AMES is seeking a volunteer to mentor a migrant with a background in Architecture-Interior Designing
The AMES Mentor Program matches skilled professional migrants with Mentors from the same profession or sector, who support them towards gaining employment.
Despite their good English, qualifications, skills and experience, a lack of local experience and knowledge of the Australian job search process can be an obstacle to employment. With support they can overcome these obstacles and begin their career in Australia.
What do Mentors do?
• Meet weekly in the CBD (time/day flexible)
• Role play job interview questions
• Proofread job applications
• Guide in employment direction
• Support to settle into a new job
• Discuss Australian workplace culture
Do you have?
• Current knowledge of job search process/strategies
• The profession required
• At least 3 years Australian workplace experience
• Currently working or recently retired
• The ability to commit to one hour per week for 6 months
• A desire to foster social inclusion and change lives
Prior to starting as a Mentor you will need to :
• provide your CV
• consent to a Police Check (at no cost)
• provide two referees
• attend an interview/induction.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Mentor a skilled Migrant – Architect/Interior Designer via Pro Bono Australia.