About the Role
- Assist in the planning and executing the MentorMe program for 2019
- Defining planning methods and strategies to support the delivery of the program
- Work collaboratively with the director to ensure successful delivery of the program
- Creating a space for learning and development for students
- Acting as a role model for Mentees through guidance and providing solutions
- Meet their Mentees face to face where they will have the chance to define the respective roles of the Mentor and Mentee and identify challenges of each role
- Work closely in order to forge action plans and tackle on numerous personal and academic problems and goals
- Offering advice when asked, without being directive while motivating and supporting their mentee
- Engage in weekly meetings with the mentee while setting agendas, being a role model as a leader, learner and a professional individual
- The ability to commit to weekly meetings, either over the phone or in person.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acts as a positive role model
- Ability to bring a problem solving and forward thinking, growth mindset to the role
- Good communication skills across a variety of platforms
- Ability to work independently and sets ongoing personal and professional goals.
- Willingness to learn on the job and suggest process and efficiency improvements.
- Takes a personal interest in the mentoring relationship
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise
- Approachable, availability and the ability to carefully listen.
- A safe environment to develop and hone your management and leadership skills
- Development of the personal leadership and coaching styles
- Strengthening and practicing interpersonal relationship skills
- You will be in a good position to develop further contacts for personal and professional development.
- Receive a referee and reference letter from JCI Eastern that can be used to support your career development.
- Opportunity to work efficiently with different personalities and with people at different places and stages of their career/study/life.
- Expand your networking capabilities.
- Developing professional relationships
- Engage in a midway (Sixth week) face to face feedback and review session regarding the assessment of the Mentee’s progress
- The opportunity to review the whole program and provide recommendations for both the program and their Mentee at the conclusion.
- Have a final face to face review with their mentee on their progression, professional and personal development on the last week of the program (twelfth week)
- Join JCI Eastern for further participation in events and activities
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : +61428782691
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Mentor Volunteer - MentorMe Program via Pro Bono Australia.