About the Role
Junior Chamber International (JCI) Eastern is a local chapter with a history dating back over 60 years with its base in Nunawading, Victoria. Our mission is to provide development opportunities that empower young people to create lasting positive change in the community.
JCI Eastern is affiliated with JCI, which was founded in 1915 and has headquarters in St Louis, United States. JCI is a non-profit international non-governmental organisation made up of over 200,000 members aged between 18 and 40 years old from over 120 national organisations world-wide. Globally JCI partners with United Nations, AIESEC, and International Chamber of Commerce among other highly prominent local, national and international organisations.
What We Do
JCI focuses on developing community-minded leaders and entrepreneurs 18 to 40 years of age from all sectors of society through our Active Citizenship Framework. Our members are engaged in identifying challenges within the community and provide solutions through grass-root community projects. Our organisation is committed to empowering its members through supplying skill, leadership and professional development opportunities by running community projects, training sessions and networking events.
The primary responsibility of the MentorMe Program Manager is to work closely with the Membership Events Director to successfully deliver and build upon JCI Eastern’s structured professional mentoring program.
Expectations of the Successful Applicant
As the MentorMe Program Manager you would be expected to:
• Thoroughly plan and organise logistics of several events
• Liaise with potential Mentors and Mentees
• Lead the execution of the MentorMe Program
• Support the Membership Events Director in achieving key milestones
Characteristics and Skills Required
• Passion for professional development and creating positive change within the community
• Previous experience in event planning and organisation is an advantage.
• Ability to communicate well within a team and with stakeholders
• Ability to undertake tasks independently and meet deadlines
• Ability to commit to regular meetings and attend the programs events.
• Willingness to learn on the job
• Ability to have fun whilst sharing JCI’s vision
Benefits and Opportunities
• Provides a thorough, hands-on experience of planning and delivering large scale program over a number of weeks
• Develop further contacts for personal and professional development
• Gain experience in an area which complements your primary education/professional background
• Support JCI’s mission in providing development opportunities to empower young people to create positive change
• A reference from JCI Eastern and recognition in promotional video
• Duration is until the end of the 2018
• Time commitment is approximately 10 hours per month, on top of events/meetings.
How to Apply
Are you ready to join a global organisation that gives you the opportunities and flexibilities to learn, grow and develop into a true leader?
To apply, you would need to:
• Send your resume to email@example.com
• Briefly outline what makes you the ideal candidate
If you are successful, and you are not already an existing financial JCI Eastern member, you will be required to join as a financial member ($75 Full or $37.50 Student). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: MentorMe Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.