About the role
HOURS: 4.30pm – 6.30pm Wednesdays
MY Space is an after-school program for 8 to 14-years old living in Fitzroy that provides a safe and engaging space for children and young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds to build their social and education skills, pursue their curiosities and connect with positive role models.
MY Space runs every Wednesday afternoon from 4.30pm to 6.30pm at the Cubbies Adventure Playground in Fitzroy. It provides a ‘drop-in’ space where children and young people can engage in a variety of positive activities. Regular activities at MY Space include: arts and crafts, a cooking program, science experiments, outdoor games, spelling and maths quizzes, and specialist workshops.
As an Activities Assistant you will be required to assist staff in facilitating participants to lead activities, and liaise with the lead facilitator regarding any pertinent information about the participants.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Competency in assisting with arts and crafts
- Commitment to working in the community sector with young people in an educational setting
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability and willingness to relate to youth, and people from different cultures in a community and educational setting.
- Well-developed understanding and demonstration of personal and professional boundaries
- Understanding of and commitment to the values and ideals of the BSL
For more information:
- Download the Activities Assistant Role Description
Contact Volunteer Services on (03) 9483 1390
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0394831390
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: MY Space Activities Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.