About the Role
Our partner in Myanmar is a socially-focused microfinance institution based in Yangon. The organisation helps small business owners create or develop small businesses with affordable credit. They are looking for a Pro Bono Accountant to help them build the capacity of the Reporting Unit.
The organisation has 45 branches and 38 service centres located in key rural areas. Client funds have been used for local projects including constructing schools, building roads and supporting healthcare. As loans are paid back, others in the community can benefit from further loans.
Our partner reached out to AfID because they would like the support of a Pro Bono Accountant who can help them build the capacity of the reporting unit and manage the unit while they recruit a suitable Manager. As part of the role two Senior Accountants at Head Office and eight Area Accountants will be reporting to the Pro Bono Accountant.
Whilst the main focus of your role will be to build the capacity of the Senior Accountants and Area Accountants you will also:
• Add value on current reporting standards by reviewing in compliance of International Reporting Standards
• Help team members to be able to manage well on tasks and time for monthly report closing
• Review all recorded transactions on a daily basis to make sure they are coded, classified and recorded correctly
• Review on a weekly basis that all recorded transactions are posted into Accounting System
• Review on a monthly basis that reconciliations are done correctly and on time
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: MYANMAR Reporting Unit Manager @ Micro-Finance Institution  via Pro Bono Australia.