About the Role
Nutrition Australia operates through a National Board with Divisions in all States and Territories. The National Board is responsible for policy formation and the development of national programs. The State Divisions respond to local needs and opportunities for nutrition education, public health nutrition and health promotion programs, products and services.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide organizational governance for the Southern Region of Nutrition Australia.
The Legal specialist board member supports the Chief Executive Officer who is responsible for the day-to-day legal operations of the NA Vic, SA, TAS, WA offices. This includes giving legal advice in relation to relevant laws, contractual rights, IP rights and disputes, and reviewing/drafting contracts.
KEY LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The legal specialist board member is responsible for providing governance and supporting the Chief Executive Officer in all or part of these areas:
• Contract negotiation and development;
• Review of commercial contracts;
• Policy development and documentation;
• Intellectual Property;
• Board governance, compliance & risk management.
GENERAL COMMITTEE OF MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attendance at monthly board meetings;
• Attendance at annual general meeting;
• Appropriate awareness and review of all relevant operational and financial matters;
• To query and understand strategic, operational and financial decision making, as appropriate;
• To ensure the compilation, review and approval of a strategic plan and annual budget;
• To review the performance of the Chief Executive Officer from time to time;
• To endorse and approve strategic submissions to various industry bodies and funding sources;
• To introduce, as required, the organization to other potential partners which may provide collaborative benefits;
• To assess and make comment as required on organizational risks and mitigation strategies;
• To assist the Chief Executive Officer, where required, to promote the organization in a proactive manner.
• Legal management skills;
• Strategic planning;
• Commercial and risk management skills;
• Relationship building and communicational skills;
• Stakeholder awareness skills;
• Operational management skills.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Postgraduate qualifications and 5 years’ experience in Law.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 8341 5800
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: NA Victoria Board Member – Legal Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.