About the Role
The Nature Conservation Council (NCC) is seeking a volunteer to assist the organisation engage in the Snowy Hydro 2.0 assessment and determination process to achieve the best outcomes for nature and our climate. The position is unpaid.
We are looking for someone with a general understanding of nature conservation and national park management, renewable energy (specifically pumped hydro), and/or planning and approval processes. Ideally, the volunteer will be someone already engaged in the NSW environment movement with an interest, and possible experience in issues surrounding the Snowy Hydro scheme.
The volunteer is not required to commit to regular working days/times, but would generally be available to:
– Represent the organisation at meetings and briefing sessions, as required;
– Review project reports and application documents;
– Assist in the preparation of correspondence and submissions; and
– Answer questions from NCC member groups about the project.
We expect that the role will require varying commitment, with times of low activity, and higher activing during key times during the assessment and determination process.
NCC will develop an overarching policy statement outlining the organisations position on key aspects of the Snowy Hydro 2.0 project to inform the work of the volunteer.
The Nature Conservation Council and the environment groups we represent have been winning protections for nature in NSW for more than 60 years. We’ve been at the centre of many of the state’s iconic conservation battles, and have notched up countless wins for nature and local communities.
Today, we work to clean up the state’s dirty electricity system, end unsustainable tree clearing on farms and in our forests, bring our rivers back to health, and give the marine life in our coastal waters the protection it deserves.
You can find more information about our work as the voice for nature in NSW at www.nature.org.au
– General understanding of conservation and national park management, renewable energy (specifically pumped hydro), and/or planning and approval processes.
– Previous experience in consultation processes, including stakeholder meetings and preparation of correspondence and/or submissions; and
– Ability to work independently with minimal oversite.
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER
Be involved with a dynamic and respected environmental organisation
- Work alongside dedicated and passionate staff
- Flexible opportunity to contribute your knowledge and skills for a worthy cause – standing up for the protection of the nature
- Develop your skills in research and submission writing
How to apply:
To apply, please email the following documents to email@example.com by Sunday 9 September 2018.
- a cover letter (or email) addressing the selection criteria and interest in the position
- your curriculum vitae, or details of work experience and skills relevant to the position
For more information: Contact Cerin Loane on (02) 9516 1488 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0295161488
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: NCC Representative for Snowy Hydro 2.0 via Pro Bono Australia.