About the role
Are you an accounting professional looking to use your skills and experience to give something back to society and those less fortunate around the world? Perhaps swap London for Laos, Melbourne for Malawi or Boston for Belize!?
Accounting for International Development offers every type of accountant, from anywhere in the world the opportunity to use their skills to support a broad range of non-profit organisations globally. Volunteer Accounting Assignments of between 2 weeks and 6 months form part of our ongoing strategy to build the financial management capacity of charities in over 50 countries.
Our partner uses tourism to generate funds to support local organizations working with at-risk youth and provide financial assistance to underfunded community development projects in and around León.
Your role will be to support them in strengthening their day-to-day accounting, as well as support the new Director in exploring how else they might generate income, compete and remain profitable, and continue to set themselves apart to other organisations offering guided tours.
- They recently implemented a new online booking system – Rezdy. Rezdy only records their income, and not expenditure, and they would really benefit from the support of a volunteer to link the information they receive from Rezdy, to their expenditure.
- The Director also has several ideas on how they might generate additional income, and would benefit from someone undertaking analysis on these to determine how viable the options might be. She wants to explore:
- Whether they start a commission model working with specific hostels/hotels, and if so, how this would work?
- Setting up a small shop in their office, selling local crafts and organic produce.
- Whether they should offer one day tours for individuals to visit and work in organic farms.
- There might be scope for you to work on budgeting and forecasting tools, help them determine the total cost of running their operations, and seeing when and how they might start increasing their involvement and contributions to community-based projects.
Please note when working with the Director, no Spanish will be needed. They will provide language support when you’ll need to work with the accountant.
Need a fresh challenge… to do something worthwhile?
Keen to volunteer & share your skills & experience?
If that’s a YES (x3) , please click to ‘APPLY’ and see other similar volunteering opportunities overseas.
We are confident you’ll encounter a variety of new and exciting challenges, share new experiences with inspiring people and learn skills that will give you confidence to face challenges in other areas of your life. You’ll be inspired and get back so much more than you give!
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: NICARAGUA | Finance Volunteer @ NGO Supporting At-Risk Youth via Pro Bono Australia.