About the role
The purpose of the non-executive director role is to provide expertise and guidance to HHA Inc. in regards to their fundraising strategy and governance.
Competencies, experience and Skills (Role Related)
- Professional experience in law and governance (not essential, but favourable)
- Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy or the not-for-profit sector
- Experience with creating innovative fundraising strategies
- Extensive networks with access to wealth within Australia
- Willingness to devote the required time to serving on the Board
Competencies (Personal Attributes)
- Passion for localization and Cambodian-driven solutions – understanding that the local way is the best way when it comes to sustainable development;
- Integrity – fulfilling a director’s duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests;
- Credibility – have a trustworthy reputation that will result in respect from all stakeholders;
- Collaborative yet curious and courageous – able to function as an effective team member and have the curiosity to ask questions and the courage to persist in robust discussions;
- Active contribution – be an active contributor with genuine interest in HHA Inc. and the importance of local empowerment;
- Ability to make informed decisions – eager to listen and conduct necessary research before making a decision that is always in the best interest of HHA Cambodia and aligns with their values
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Offer legal and governance advice
- Mobilise connections to help fulfil HHA Inc.’s fundraising strategy
- Ensure HHA Inc. complies with relevant legislation
- Provide overall direction and guidance on vision and strategy
- Support HHA Inc. in promoting the organisation’s values
- Help develop policies when deemed necessary
About the organisation
Human and Hope Association Inc. is a registered charity that empowers communities to address inequalities. We achieve this through two approaches:
- Advocating in Australia about the unintended consequences of voluntourism and advocating for a local approach to development.
- Financially supporting a grassroots community centre in Cambodia (HHA Cambodia) who run education, vocational training and community development programs that alleviate poverty.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Director at Human & Hope via Pro Bono Australia.