About the role
The purpose of the non-executive director role is to provide expertise and guidance to HHA Inc. in regards to their fundraising strategy and governance.
Competencies, experience and Skills (Role Related)
- Professional experience in law and governance (not essential, but favourable)
- Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy or the not-for-profit sector
- Experience with creating innovative fundraising strategies
- Extensive networks with access to wealth within Australia
- Willingness to devote the required time to serving on the Board
Competencies (Personal Attributes)
- Passion for localization and Cambodian-driven solutions – understanding that the local way is the best way when it comes to sustainable development;
- Integrity – fulfilling a director’s duties and responsibilities, acting ethically, appropriate independence, putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests;
- Credibility – have a trustworthy reputation that will result in respect from all stakeholders;
- Collaborative yet curious and courageous – able to function as an effective team member and have the curiosity to ask questions and the courage to persist in robust discussions;
- Active contribution – be an active contributor with genuine interest in HHA Inc. and the importance of local empowerment;
- Ability to make informed decisions – eager to listen and conduct necessary research before making a decision that is always in the best interest of HHA Cambodia and aligns with their values
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Offer legal and governance advice
- Mobilise connections to help fulfil HHA Inc.’s fundraising strategy
- Ensure HHA Inc. complies with relevant legislation
- Provide overall direction and guidance on vision and strategy
- Support HHA Inc. in promoting the organisation’s values
- Help develop policies when deemed necessary
About the organisation
Human and Hope Association Inc. is a registered charity that empowers communities to address inequalities. We achieve this through two approaches:
- Advocating in Australia about the unintended consequences of voluntourism and advocating for a local approach to development.
- Financially supporting a grassroots community centre in Cambodia (HHA Cambodia) who run education, vocational training and community development programs that alleviate poverty.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and your C.V to President Andrew Keene and CEO Sally Hetherington OAM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday, 13th August 2021 at 5pm AEST.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Director at Human & Hope via Pro Bono Australia.