About the Role
Established in 2007, DirtyFeet’s mission is to support independent, contemporary dance artists in NSW and promote community engagement in the arts. The organisation’s future objectives are to extend its three key programs: The Choreographic Lab; Out of the Studio; and The Right Foot by ensuring dancers beyond Sydney and from diverse cultural backgrounds are able to take advantage of the professional opportunities that DirtyFeet offers, as well as ensuring young people with and without disability can participate in our tailored dance programs.
The Board of DirtyFeet is now seeking experienced Non-Executive Directors with a keen interest in dance and who have a legal background, fundraising or philanthropy experience.
These volunteer Non-Executive Director positions are an excellent opportunity to work with an innovative, passionate and creative Board committed to delivering social impact.
Key selection criteria:
• Sound board (or equivalent) experience
• Understanding of not for profit business and governance
• A genuine interest and commitment to the arts
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills
• Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to influence and inspire others
• Demonstrated strategic perspective with the ability to contribute to and review strategy and effective board decision-making.
• Collaborative approach
• Curious and courageous with an ability to be an effective team member with the ability to ask questions and constructively challenge the Board’s thinking
• Strong professional and commercial network
• An appetite for taking measured and calculated risk
All Directors are expected to have a strong understanding of corporate governance, coupled with current knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements. Active membership and graduates of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD) or Governance Institute will be highly regarded. Willingness to undertake this training and continuous governance, risk and relevant learning is considered important.
There is the expectation that Board members will have a strong professional or commercial network that they will utilise from time to time to support the achievement of DirtyFeet’s vision and purpose. A genuine interest in contributing to the arts and dance, in particular, is essential to ensure DirtyFeet’s programs attract sustainable funding support; and broaden its reach to regional and culturally diverse audiences.
Board meetings are held in the Sydney (inner city). The Board meets approximately 6 times a year, with a minimum of 1 board meeting to be held each 3 months. All Board members are expected to participate in at least one Board Committee, with quarterly meetings. Board members are not remunerated but are able to claim reasonable travel expenses in attending meetings.
For expressions of interest, please call Anthea Doropoulos on 0401 034 164 or email email@example.com.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0401034164
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Director roles via Pro Bono Australia.