About the role
Paediatric Nursing Services Limited (by Guarantee) is a Not-for-Profit and Registered Charity with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status for enhancing health, a Charity License and registered with the ACNC and ASIC.
Paediatric Nursing Services cluster vertical and lateral approaches of:
- Holistic Health Dimensions,
- Holistic Disability Services and
- Holistic Allied Health service delivery of:
Clinical, Medical, Allied Health, Prevention, Intervention, and learning disciplinarians
Paediatric Nursing Services focus on the relationship between chronic diseases and associated disabilities and analyses the modifiable risk and protective factors shared by these conditions e.g.
The Paediatric Nursing Service delivery areas are:
- The PNS Clinic, Unit 2/895A Beaufort Street, Inglewood, WA
- At Schools
- In Hospitals
- At home
Model of support:
- Individual: one (1) supporting staff member per one (1) individual and when necessary, two supporting staff members per one (1)
- Shared activities: where active support provided to two (2) individuals by an individual support (Where individual support is required for an individual to participate in a shared activity the individual rate will apply).
- Group activities: where activity has a ratio of three (3) individuals to one active support staff member
The Paediatric Nursing Services Company Board Directors Corporate Governance Framework is:
Integrity, Leadership, Competence, Enterprise, Fairness,
Commitment, Confidence, Respect, Accountability Transparency
Paediatric Nursing Services is currently undergoing a transformation due to strong income growth in a challenging financial environment. Over the past two years, Paediatric Nursing Services’ growth has been due to both organic growth and innovation.
The Board is seeking expressions of interest from talented individuals looking to contribute at a strategic and governance level. Recruitment of Non-Executive Directors is selective and competitive. Specifically, the Paediatric Nursing Services Board is seeking interest from potential Non-Executive Directors who are registered with the AICD and are subject matter experts in one of the following sectors:
- Information Technology
- Non-Executive Director tenure is 3 years unless re-elected.
- Board meets once a month and after hours.
- Monthly commitment will be between 8 and 10 hours per month.
- Position is voluntary and non-remunerated.
- Reimbursement for out-of-pocket costs and travel is available
- Position is subject to a satisfactory National Criminal Check, Working With Children Check, Banned Directors Check and two referees.
The Paediatric Nursing Services Company Directors believe the Board culture embodies a strong commitment to professionalism, innovation and leadership and are confident that they can make a difference in the Western Australian community through transparency and leadership. The Directors are enthusiastic about a bigger team on the Company Board, and looking forward to a mutually beneficial association with new directors joining the Company Board.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Volunteer Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.