About the role
Seaside Scavenge is a registered non-profit organisation with DGR status. In 5 years Seaside Scavenge has grown from a small idea of connecting unaware people with litter in their waterways into a financially viable NGO. The Scavenge events have empowered over 7,500 (majority aged 25-34yrs) in close to 50 communities across Australia to remove 13.4 tonnes of litter and 196,766 cigarette butts as well as engage 498 local businesses to become waste-wise.
We are on a mission to inspire Australians to reimagine rubbish as a resource. Currently, searching for a passionate, reliable and experienced individual to join the team as legal advisor to the Seaside Scavenge board.
Legal and Secretarial Functions:
- Give accurate and timely counsel to directors on a variety of legal topics (employment law and workplace health and safety, sponsorships, privacy, intellectual property, non-profit finance etc) ;
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues;
- Draft and review agreements, contracts and other legal documents;
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in relevant legislation, and;
- Maintain records of board meetings and ensure effective management of organisation’s records; managing and distributing minutes.
Board Attributes and Skills:
- Representing Seaside Scavenge to stakeholders, acting as an ambassador to network and fundraise for the organisation;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Open and engaging interpersonal skills to communicate effectively;
- Engaged commitment; exhibits genuine interest in Seaside Scavenge;
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information;
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments, and;
- Is an active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
Email Chair – Tanya Jackson at Jackson.firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘EOI Legal Director Position’ by COB 29th October and attach:
- Cover letter detailing your passion for joining the Scavenge board (1 page)
- Resume addressing above & listing relevant board experience (2 pages)
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Non-Profit Board Legal & Company Secretary (voluntary role) via Pro Bono Australia.