About the role
Seaside Scavenge Vision
A world where waste is a resource.
Seaside Scavenge Mission
To activate local communities to reimagine waste as a resource through fun and unique programs that ultimately clean-up the ocean.
Seaside Scavenge Values
Fun. Co-Creation. Activation.
- Reduce waste to landfill and into the ocean.
- Educate Australians about circular economies of waste streams to create responsible consumers.
- Activate individuals with a fun approach to be the change we need in the world.
- Create pathways for public, private and community sectors to work together to adopt planet-friendly behaviours.
- Connect and grow the Scavenge community to become custodians of the planet.
Seaside Scavenge is on a mission to activate everyday Australians to reimagine rubbish as a valued resource, and not something we throw away. As an organisation we want to build a culture of receiving through philanthropy and fostering strong interpersonal relationships with donors whether they be individuals, corporates or foundations. We are looking for someone with clear philanthropic success, who can lead the organisation in this philanthropic direction and has experience working with boards.
- Advise and contribute to the development of robust philanthropic strategy;
- Provide guidance and direction to board on various philanthropic approaches and opportunities;
- Identify potential donors and make introductions to CEO and the organisation;
- Actively brainstorm and create new methods to raise funds for the organisation;
- Identify relevant technologies that could improve philanthropic activities, and;
- Lead the monthly Philanthropy Committee meetings.
- Promote Seaside Scavenge to potential donors; behave as an ambassador of the organisation and contribute to raising funds for the organisation;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Open and engaging interpersonal skills to communicate effectively;
- Reliable and committed – exhibits genuine interest in Seaside Scavenge;
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information;
- Serving on committees and taking on special assignments, and;
- Contribute actively to the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
Please email Seaside Scavenge Chair, Tanya Jackson at Jackson.firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘EOI Fundraiser Director Position’ and attach:
- Cover letter detailing your passion for joining the Scavenge board (1 page)
- Resume addressing above & listing relevant board experience (2 pages)
About the organisation
How to apply
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : Jackson.email@example.com
Please quote in application: Non-Profit Director Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.