About the role
Building capacity in young people across Australia to lead, demand and create a more just world is one of Oaktree’s key three impact areas. Engaging with communities across Australia is one of the core ways we achieve this. We create programs and volunteering experiences that allow young people to realise their potential and see just what they’re capable of. The Community Engagement team is responsible for leading our work that engages with communities across Australia.
Much of this work is possible due to our state branches across the country which leads our advocacy and fundraising initiatives in schools, universities and community groups. As the NSW Branch Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the State Officers who bring these campaigns and relationships to life.
As the NSW Branch Manager, a typical day might look like:
- Jumping into a 1:1 check-in with the Director of National Teams to talk through this week’s goals for the fundraising and campaigning teams;
- Having a meeting with your State Officers to go over the priorities in their fundraising and campaigns teams, and talk through any challenges they may be facing;
- Providing managerial support to the State Officers and bridging their two teams;
- Developing and nurturing relationships with external stakeholders and partner organisations in your state;
- Creating team building and professional development opportunities for the Officers in your state;
- Organising and running events in partnership with other organisations and community members.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone who loves working with and managing people. You understand how to manage them and how to set them up for success in their role;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can talk-the-talk and walk-the-walk;
- You are a do-er and when push comes to shove, you get things done. You knuckle down and are not afraid of hard work;
- You’re a logical thinker – you can read a high-level strategy and boil it down to the actions that need to be taken to see it come alive;
- You can see the big picture and connect the moving parts of the different teams to create one cohesive state unit;
- You’re all about having fun and helping to build a strong community.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward
What you will get out of it:
- The opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best young leaders in this country;
- Be part of an incredible community of passionate, supportive and capable people.
- You will overcome challenges and grow as a person in ways you didn’t know were possible;
- Make a massive contribution in creating a more just world;
- The chance to manage people and watch them reach their full potential;
- Become a mastermind of management, operations, fundraising and grassroots campaigning.
Time commitment: 1-2 days a week | This is a voluntary position
Application close: Monday 2nd Aug 2021 11:59PM
- This role requires individuals to be between 16-26 years of age
- This role requires individuals to complete work onsite (Sydney) or virtually
- This role is only available to NSW
About the organisation
Oaktree is young people leading a movement to end extreme poverty. Extreme poverty has already been halved and together we can end it.
How to apply
Please apply via the respective link on: https://www.oaktree.org/join-our-team
Please quote in application: NSW Branch Manager via Pro Bono Australia.