About the role
We’re looking for 2-3 outstanding individuals aged 18-30 to join the team and lead the AYCC New South Wales branch for 2019-2020, alongside our current State Leaders. This is an incredible opportunity to build AYCC New South Wales to powerfully implement strategic grassroots campaigns at a crucial time for the climate. It is an opportunity to use your existing leadership, communication and strong interpersonal skills to make a significant and lasting contribution to the climate movement. In this position you will build skills in management, communications, community organising, strategy, campaigning and much more. This is your chance to be part of a dynamic and exciting leadership team that is building a generation-wide movement to solve the climate crisis.
About the Role
An AYCC State Leader needs to have a deep passion and commitment to solving the climate crisis through building and mobilising a generation-wide movement. They will possess strong leadership qualities and will be required to inspire, organise and mobilise young people on climate change.
The following responsibilities and skills are to be shared between a team of 4 State Leaders (including existing state leaders). If you are motivated and feel that you can fulfil part or all of these criteria, we encourage you to apply.
● Build, organise and mobilise a grassroots movement by supporting and building local groups
● Facilitate and support the growth of the NSW State Leadership team
● Manage branch volunteers and coordinators in the NSW State Leadership team
● Maintain communication between National AYCC Staff team and other state teams
● Support the management of social media and communications
● Develop and implement AYCC campaigns and projects in New South Wales
● Facilitating leadership and state meetings, and trainings
● Manage volunteer support systems with the state team. This includes the welcoming, induction and training of new volunteers
● Support the management and implementation of a state volunteer recruitment strategy. This includes text-outs, community stalls, and call-outs to engage new and existing volunteers in grassroots activities
● Manage state fundraising plans and budgets
● Network and collaborate with other organisations and community groups in New South Wales that we can learn from and work with
● Endeavour to create an open, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds, abilities and identities
● Work alongside Seed – Indigenous Youth Climate Network
Essential Skills and Characteristics
● Confident in working independently and with strong initiative
● Outstanding communication skills
● Efficient, highly-effective and reliable
● Committed to teamwork
● Resourceful, innovative and flexible
● Experience in inspiring and motivating others including public speaking and facilitation experience
● Committed to building a youth climate justice movement
● A WWCC (free for volunteers)
● Embrace AYCC purpose, theory of change, and culture
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: NSW State Leader via Pro Bono Australia.