About the role
Thrive is a growing not-for-profit organisation helping refugees & asylum seekers to transform their lives by starting their own businesses. We provide micro-finance loans and business development support.
With the support of our volunteers, we back refugees and asylum seekers to achieve their business goals and transform their lives. In less than three years, we’ve already helped to establish 170+ refugee businesses in NSW & VIC.
We are looking for a dynamic Office Volunteer – Human Resources Intern for a project that involves the transposition of the policies that underpin Thrive’s Risk Management Framework onto Thrive’s Learning System.
The role would ideally suit a Human Resources or Learning and Development graduate or post-graduate who is looking for some pragmatic experience to fast-track themselves from student to career first starter.
This role will be based in our Parramatta CBD office.
- Understanding the subject matter that is espoused in Thrive’s Policies.
- Learn how to use Thrive’s Learning System – with an emphasis on utilising the creative tools to foster learning.
- Transposing Policies onto Thrive’s Learning System.
- Create practical quizzes at the end of each policy to ascertain the knowledge of the learner.
- Explaining and showcasing the learning modules and quizzes to the Operations and Risk Manager.
- User-Acceptance-Testing the tests by logging in as a learner to gauge that the tests work as desired.
Key Skills & Experience –
- Creativity, in particular, the ability to explore the functionalities of the system to lever as learning tools.
- Business Acumen and the scope to understand the most operative parts of Policies that need to be transferred onto the learning system.
- Communication Skills, in the sense that you will need to explain and give update to the Operations and Risk Manager on the status of the Project at certain intervals and will also need to liaise with the offshore representative via Instant Message Chat to receive advice on the functionalities of the system.
- Persistence and Patience– in a lot of instances the content of the courses will look unpresentable until the submit button is hit and that is when the aesthetics become viewable – the patience and persistence to work with an unfinished project that is not optically neat until the final stages.
- A Human Resources or Learning and Development academic background.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this volunteering opportunity.
Please quote in application: Office Volunteer – Human Resources Intern via Pro Bono Australia.