About the Role
ORCA Project location: Albany Creek Uniting Church, 652 Albany Creek Road, Albany Creek 4035.
Wesley Mission Queensland’s ORCA Project is looking for volunteers to assist us to build meaningful connections for young post-school adults with disabilities in the community with a focus on training, work experience and ultimately employment.
As part of their role, volunteers will be involved in:
* Forming meaningful appropriate supportive mentor relationships with the participants
* Supporting participants through each day – including theory based learning and hands-on practical work experience
* Encouraging participants to develop confidence, competence, and independence in their daily routine at ORCA – for example where to put belongings, sign in, begin work etc
* Liaising with supervisors regarding behaviour and engagement level of participants
* Providing feedback via daily sharing cards or social media closed group for ORCA families
* Undertaking other duties as required.
This project operates between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursday during school terms. Volunteers negotiate and agree to their hours prior to commencement.
Essential for this role: a long-term commitment, willingness to acquire probity checks (All checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland).
Please go to ORCA VOLUNTEER ONLINE to learn more about the position and to complete a quick online registration form. Once we have received your form we will forward it to the ORCA Project Coordinator who will be in contact with you to discuss the position further.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: ORCA Volunteers via Pro Bono Australia.