About the role
The PCV Board invites expressions of interest from Victorian residents who are interested in contributing as a volunteer member of the PCV Board and who meet the following criteria:
- Professional expertise and experience in promoting the health and wellbeing of people with serious chronic and life limiting conditions and their families in the context of aged care, disability care, primary health care, specialist palliative care and/or other relevant specialty areas.
- Personal values are consistent with PCV’s values of respect, empowerment, integrity and compassion.
- Commitment to make a worthwhile contribution to the governance of PCV in accordance with the duties and responsibilities of a Board member. This involves being available to attend at least 4 Board meetings during the year, a full day strategy meeting, the AGM and at least one 2 hour Board education session. Board Directors are also expected to add value between meetings by taking on responsibility for specific aspects of the Board’s work. A commitment to serve a three-year term (or two-year term for one position) is required.
- Personal attributes, qualities, experiences and connections that would contribute to the capacity of the Board to reflect and consider diverse perspectives, insights and experiences that will enhance its deliberation of a range of issues and opportunities relevant to PCV’s vision and mission.
- Experience in Board governance is desirable but not essential. It is expected that Board members will exercise diligence in understanding their responsibilities and specific matters about that they will be required to address in providing advice and making decisions as a member of the Board.
- Sound character – Board positions are subject to a satisfactory police check clearance and reference checks.
Please refer to the attachment for further information about Palliative Care Victoria, the expression of interest process and the Position Description. Please submit your expression of interest in this volunteer opportunity using this form. Expressions of interest close at 5 pm on Monday, 30th June 2019.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0396629644
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Palliative Care Victoria Board Director via Pro Bono Australia.