About the Role
The Palliative Care Victoria Board invites expressions of interest from Victorian residents who are interested in contributing as a volunteer member of the PCV Board and who meet the following criteria:
- Personal experience living with a chronic, life-limiting illness or providing care to a family member or friend with a life-limiting illness.
- Interest in improving access to high quality palliative care and end of life care. This involves a willingness to provide insights, to ask questions and to consider thoughtfully a range of issues that inform the work of PCV. Experience of a palliative care service is desirable but not essential.
- Personal values of respect, empowerment, integrity and compassion.
- Commitment to make a worthwhile contribution to the governance of PCV in accordance with the duties and responsibilities of a Board member. This includes other personal attributes, qualities, experiences and expertise that would contribute to the diversity and skills mix of the PCV Board. A commitment to serve for at least one year and preferably up to three years (noting that this may be impacted by changes in health status or other unforeseeable events).
- Experience in Board governance is desirable but not essential. Education will be provided as needed.
- Sound character – Board positions are subject to a satisfactory police check clearance and reference checks.
The Position Description Information Pack includes an EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM. Please use this form NOT the ProBono website. Thank you.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Dr. Barbara Hayes, Chair, Palliative Care Victoria Board
Phone : 0438557340
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Palliative Care Victoria Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.