About the Role
Are you interested in supporting young people from a migrant or refugee background? Do you have professional experience in the Australian workforce?
CMY is currently recruiting mentors for our Pathways Tertiary Program. Mentors in the program will help support young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds who are in their final year of university and are moving into the workforce. We are looking for committed & reliable volunteers to provide 1:1 mentoring over a 12-month period.
CMY recognises the need to provide additional support to young people from a refugee or migrant background who are in their final year of university and looking to begin their career. The Pathways Tertiary Program provides a new approach to assisting young people through education options, the development of strong professional networks, and invaluable workplace experience.
What are the time commitments and volunteering activities?
- 12- month commitment
- through regular phone and face-to-face contact, provide 1:1 mentoring to young people as they apply for and undertake work experience or start work.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who:
- can commit for at least a 12-month period and can reliably attend meetings and catch-ups with their mentee
- have at least 3 years professional work experience and a good understanding about job-seeking requirements and employment norms
- are interested in supporting young people from a migrant or refugee background
- can be a positive and engaging role model for young people seeking career development
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- have the ability to work autonomously, can be self-reflective, and respond to feedback and directions from CMY staff.
Please refer to the Pathways Tertiary Program PD on CMY’s website for more details.
Feel free to contact us with any queries – we would love to hear from you!
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : (03)9340 3743
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Pathways Tertiary Program Mentor via Pro Bono Australia.