About the Role
At Gomo we are dedicated to building exceptional communities in Africa by empowering young women with the resources to change their future. To do this, we are creating opportunities for young women to build their skills and transform their lives and communities. We are kicking off this mission in Zimbabwe, with an aim to educate 1,000 young women. Over time, we will expand our reach into other parts of Africa and extend beyond education to tell the stories and form the key partnerships that will enable our young women to continue to grow and thrive throughout their lives. Please visit our website for more information: http://www.gomofoundation.org.au/
The Gomo Foundation has been growing steadily for the last few years, however the Board and Management Team are looking for a strategic, strong leader with experience in driving growth, to lead and develop a team of talented individuals and create an internal Gomo culture that is structured, effective and mission-focused.
The People Coordinator is a key position in the leveraging of the Foundation’s resources. The People Coordinator provides people with opportunities to become more involved in a global cause, and serves as a grassroots source of public relations and marketing. The People Coordinator ensures that there is community buy-in of our mission, thereby strengthening our credibility in the eyes of the public. The People Coordinator is the guardian of well-being, for volunteers and for the Foundation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruitment campaign development and coordination
- Develop People processes where there are gaps within current arrangements
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of People and volunteer processes (i.e. onboarding, training, performance management etc.)
- Manage communications to volunteers and at times, external stakeholders such as School Ambassadors, international partners and government partners
- Build strong relationships with management team in order to proactively manage recruitment
- Write position descriptions and other HR particulars as required
- Provide support and advice to all volunteers to maintain strong standard of care including providing advice on any employment relations issues
- Develop and implement culture improvement strategies for GOMO volunteer team
- Manage GOMO mentoring program
- Coordinate the GOMO Performance Management processes and approach
- Coordinate People team meetings
- Preparation of reports for Directors
- Coordinate recognition activities and celebrations
- Ensure all team members have clarity within their roles, work following agreed project plan and are in regular contact with their direct report
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Please quote in application: People and Culture Manager / Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.