About the Role
We’re looking for a passionate photographer/videographer who prides themselves on their ability to share the complexity of people’s lives through photography and film. As our preferred candidate, you’ll show high levels of initiative, creativity and vision. Working autonomously and as part of the wider team, you’ll be a comfortable and confident communicator who is able to take an initial concept or vision, adapt it to a photography/videography context and bring it to life amongst a dynamic, highly-skilled media and communications team.
If you’re looking for a unique opportunity to share your skills and the stories of young carers across Victoria, we’d be interested in hearing from you.
– Identify and capture a wide range of photographs and video clips for use in a variety of formats (such as, but not limited to, print, social media and website uses)
– Contribute to the planning and implementation of human-centred design research strategies such as ‘a day in the life of…’ by taking photographs and video of young carers, their families and other stakeholders, in their everyday context
– Regularly work alongside the Media and Communications and Research teams to identify, explore and implement opportunities where photography and videography may be used to enhance understanding of what it means to be a young carer in an everyday context
– Contributing to organisation-wide research strategy on a quarterly and yearly basis
– Deliver training and professional development to the organisation in the area of photography
A minimum of 3 (three) years’ experience or an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience is required for this role.
Professional Skills/Desired Attributes
– Demonstrated high-level photography and videography experience in a range of settings and environments (note: you don’t need to be a photojournalist or similar to apply).
– A willingness and capacity to work alongside a diverse range of stakeholders; from partner organisations to young carers and their families to members of the YouthReach team in an empathetic and respectful way.
– Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility and an openness to new ideas and experiences.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– High attention to detail, excellent organisational and time management skills.
– Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to work independently as well as part of a team.
– Ability to work effectively within a small team environment.
– Possess your own camera equipment, including DSLR camera, tripod, microphone, lights and diffusers, as well as digital photography and video editing software such as Adobe Lightroom or similar.
– A willingness and commitment to travel across Victoria to capture content in line with the organisation’s broader strategy (reasonable expenses will be reimbursed).
– Knowledge of strategic design and human-centred design concepts, or a willingness to develop these.
The Photographer/Videographer position involves working from home and travelling with other members of the YouthReach team on projects, as required. We anticipate that the bulk of travel will take place in Melbourne, however, some travel to other locations in Victoria may be required and will always be negotiated in advance. The incumbent is expected to attend our weekly face-to-face meeting on Tuesday evenings, or attend these via Zoom/Skype.
Interested? Please submit your application today including your CV, a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and your portfolio that shows at least 10 examples of your photography/videography work.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Roy Hammond-Thomas, President/Founder
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Photographer/Videographer via Pro Bono Australia.