About the Role
Neighbourhood Connect is a national not for profit community organisation. We are helping people across Australia to create neighbourhood groups – to encourage happier, safer, and more connected communities. Because life is better when we belong.
We have a national project team and neighbour groups in all States and Territories. Everyone involved is passionate about creating and supporting communities. The project is unfunded; we are all contributing on a voluntary basis.
You can check us out at www.neighbourhoodconnect.org.au
To increase awareness of Neighbourhood Connect and find Community Connectors to grow the number of Neighbourhood Connect groups.
We have a small team doing promotion so you do not need to be interested in all of the options below.
Promotional activities, such as:
- Write media releases (some material supplied)
- Propose and pursue media opportunities.
- Enlist compatible organisations to support and promote Neighbourhood Connect.
- Carry out strategies to get the message to community minded people.
- Support our social media strategies – develop content, utilise social media to reach our audience.
- Internet research
- Send promotional messages
- Attend meetings and give presentations or talks about Neighbourhood Connect (optional).
We are looking for people who:
- are interested in being part of a project that builds communities
- are proactive, reliable and organised
- have good communication skills
- have media and promotion experience (desirable)
What help will we give you?
You’ll work with guidance from the Project Manager / Project Coordinator. You’ll be able to use existing promotional material and we have a graphic designer on the project team to help with new material.
What will you get from this?
- Satisfaction from contributing to a great community building project.
- The opportunity to put your promotion and / or media skills to good use and possibly expand those skills.
- Experience working on a national project that is making a difference in many people’s lives.
- A reference / referee to help with your career.
All the project team work from home and therefore can live anywhere in Australia.
Hours of Work
There is no set amount of hours required – you’ll be working from home, so you can do this at a pace that fits with your life. We suggest a minimum of half a day a week, done at times that suit you.
You can say no to any task but if you agree to do a task, we ask that you complete it.
Take the next step
Please apply to Irene Opper, National Manager, email@example.com addressing the following:
- why this position interests you, and giving details of any experiences (promotion, media, admin, community involvement) that you think are relevant;
- Your CV; and
- Your contact details
If you have any questions please call Irene on 0413 706 233.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0413706233
Please quote in application: Promotion Officer via Pro Bono Australia.