About the Role
Are you passionate about improving the incidence of mental illness in Australia? Do you have past public relations experience? If so this may be your opportunity to contribute to a great cause.
Who are we?
Mood Active is a not for profit community service provider that offers exercise programs for people diagnosed with depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. Participants are typically referred to us by GP’s, psychologists and community organisations and to date, feedback has been very positive. As a result, we are looking to expand our operation and this has created a need for several volunteer marketing roles to help us get the word out about Mood Active!
About the role
This particular role reports into the Marketing Manager and is a working from home position. Responsibilities may include some or all of the following depending on your commitments:
• Developing and implementing the PR plan
• Identifying media opportunities, prepare media releases, liaise with journalists/bloggers
• Developing, fostering, and preserving strategic relationships with journalists, press, and various media outlets
• Developing creative, interesting and newsworthy story angles to gain regular mainstream media coverage
• Writing and pitching regular press releases and pitches
• Handling all media enquiries from consumer, trade and business media
• Managing and maintaining media databases
• Drafting monthly internal communication materials
• Assisting with content development for blog and social media channels.
• Managing the approvals process i.e. customer, third party
• Managing media briefings with our internal spokespeople.
• Ensuring a continuous pipeline of story opportunities
• Managing monthly PR reports and keep records of media coverage and summarise high value coverage.
• Leading the production of the annual report and other reports as required.
• Previous public relations experience
• Have excellent written and communication skills
• Have a good network of media contact
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: PR and communications consultant via Pro Bono Australia.