About the Role
This uniquely South Australian charity is seeking a new Chair to lead the organisation allowing further growth and engagement with the community.
The Chair will be a well-respected business leader in the SA community who supports the organisation in its quest to keep kids out of the system and show them a better path. The organisation is heavily supported by philanthropic donors who value the volunteer work that families and individuals do by giving kids a break and opening new doors to opportunity.
The Chair will play a pivotal role in:
• Leading a voluntary Board and setting strategic direction
• Engaging with the CEO and attending meetings with business donors to grow fundraising revenue
• Meeting with government representatives to seek funding opportunities and link this charity to traditional community support services
• Growing the capacity of the organisation through consideration of additional services and further engagement with the South Australian community.
• Since 1960, the charity has supported thousands of children to change their lives for the better, with the support of volunteer carers and mentors
• Time for Kids has over 140 children actively engaged with its volunteer respite program each year, and a further 250+ children receiving alternative forms of support
• Time for Kids receives limited government funding and has exceptional support from the philanthropic and business community.
Annual budget: $750,000
Paid staff: 6.1 FTE
Board size: 7 volunteer directors
Meetings: Held once monthly, outside of business hours, at Wayville.
Nominations close at 5pm on Friday, 8 September 2017.
To receive a confidential overview of the role and the application process, contact the Chair of the Nominations Committee and Vice-President of Time for Kids, Diarmid Lee, on mobile 0409 977 730 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 0409977730
Please quote in application: President and Chair, Time for Kids Board via Pro Bono Australia.