About the Role
About the role
The Printing Press of the Diocese of Wewak, Papua New Guinea (PNG), is in high demand by customers but requires some business skills to maintain efficiency and productivity.
Palms Australia is looking for an experienced Printing Press Manager to meet the Wewak community’s need for these business skills. For two years the volunteer will mentor Wewak’s Printing Manager and four staff. Initially through on-the job training and task sharing, the suitable volunteer will:
- Assist work planning schedules to meet deadlines.
- Review/help implement stocktaking and ordering systems to ensure sufficient supplies for print jobs.
- Help implement an equipment maintenance program and advise on upgrades.
- Encourage a system of governance with sound accounting processes.
- Help maintain budgets, looking to improve efficiency while keeping costs down and service affordable.
- Boost professionalism and staff morale.
To find out more about the role, read the full brief on our website.
About Palms Australia
Palms Australia is a registered Non-Government Organisation that places skilled volunteers in remote communities around the world. We provide sustainable, long-term volunteer programs for volunteers from various disciplines and backgrounds. We prioritise participation in projects in regional and remote communities. This gives the people who need it most the opportunity to gain skills that help them live independently and sustainably.
If you would like to immerse yourself in a new culture, live simply, and engage in mutually enriching and challenging relationships of understanding, acceptance and peace, we want to hear from you! Visit our website or contact Program Coordinator Christine O’Halloran at email@example.com or on 02 9560 5333.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 02 9560 5333
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Printing Workshop Manager – Papua New Guinea via Pro Bono Australia.