About the Role
The Professional Mentoring Program brings together professionals seeking asylum and mentors from a similar professional background. The 12-month program aims to expose program participants to employment and professional development opportunities by connecting them with other professionals who share their experiences, tips, and networks.
What are the Objectives of the Program?
To assist member participants in:
- Career Planning;
- Knowledge of the Australian context;
- Networking; and
- Job seeking in their professional sectors.
What are the Benefits?
Each participant will benefit differently depending on where they are in their professional and personal journey.
Benefits for mentees typically include:
- Personalized professional development to address individual learning needs
- An opportunity to develop new skills and expertise
- Access to an independent and objective perspective
- Enhanced confidence in dealing with challenges and issues
- Networking opportunities
- Support in goal setting and encouragement to strive towards them
- An opportunity to share and discuss career direction and advancement
- Support during times of change and transition
What are the NetWORCs events?
Every three months, the ASRC’s Innovation Hub hosts NetWORCs, an event where mentors and mentees, as well as program supporters and graduates, get a chance to mingle and network in a safe, informal setting. These events feature prominent guest speakers, group discussions and ‘speed networking’ activities.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Phone : 03 8537 9500
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Professional Mentor: Electrical Engineer via Pro Bono Australia.