About the Role
Refugee Migrant Children Centre (RMCC) provides educational and developmental services to refugee and migrant children and youth through programs based in Melbourne’s inner west. We have expanded our services in partnership with the Centre For Multicultural Youth into Tarneit as part of the RESP program (Refugee Education Support Program). Our programs engage passionate and dedicated volunteer mentors to support the educational and social development of participating students. We are looking for a Program Assistant to work with our Project Manager in the planning and running of this exciting new project.
Program Assistant Role (Volunteer)
RMCC’s programs aims to provide academic and social support to refugee & migrant children between the ages of 5-14 years. We mentor students in English and mathematics, as well as promoting social inclusion, cultural acceptance and building confidence. We currently offer a variety of programs including our Learning Support Program, Monthly Life Skill Workshops, School Holiday Program as well as provide Educational Material Aid.
A Program Assistant is responsible in assisting in the co-ordination and management of the mentioned programs and will also assist and provide support to the Project Manager in regards to the preparation of the programs and other related activities.
• Assist in the organisation and staffing of all volunteer mentors;
• Assist with timetabling and communication of shifts between RMCC & its volunteer mentors;
• Assist with the induction of all new volunteer mentors;
• Communicate with the project manager about volunteer mentor numbers and absences / any other staffing issues that may arise;
• Will be responsible for volunteer mentor training;
• Assist in the development of social events and volunteer engagement and development activities;
• Assist in the recruitment and interview process;
• Assist to develop new means of recruitment and managerial systems.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Must be able to commit at least two full day’s in the office;
• Able to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months;
• Leadership or staff management experience looked highly upon;
• Fluent in spoken and written English;
• Working with Children Check and willing to undergo a Police Check;
• Self motivated individual that can work both independently and in a team environment;
• Attend required training outside of LSP sessions and monthly team meetings;
• Extensive computer skills, including that of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Proven ability to work unsupervised and problem solve independently.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please quote in application: Program Intern– volunteer role via Pro Bono Australia.