About the Role
RMCC empowers refugee, asylum seeker and migrant children and youth to create their own opportunities. We tackle barriers that prevent engagement in education and the community by mentoring kids in our four focus areas: education, social identity, life skills, and mental health and wellbeing.
The RMCC journey started back in 2012 with a homework club and has evolved to us assisting over 650 kids across multiple programs, and by 2020 our goal is to reach over 2000 kids. We’re a different kind of charity, functioning outside of the status quo and value being fluid with the changing world around us. We love what we do – and we do it differently by not providing one solution for every child, we see each kid as unique and that means their potential will be tapped into uniquely too.
Program Intern Volunteer Role
The volunteer Program Intern is responsible in assisting the Project Manager with the preparation of the programs and other related activities.
This position involves but is not necessary limited to:
• Assist in sourcing and compiling program materials;
• Assist with timetabling and communication of shifts between RMCC & its volunteer mentors;
• Assist with the running of programs;
• Assist with program research and development;
• Assist in the development of social events for volunteer mentors;
• Assist with any other ad hoc program tasks that may arise.
Key Selection Criteria:
• A natural passion for empowering vulnerable refugee and migrant children;
• A good working knowledge of current refugee and asylum seeker issues;
• A driven self-starter that thinks outside of the box;
• Exceptional organisational and communication skills;
• Self-motivated individual that can work both independently and in a team environment;
• Can attend required training and monthly team meetings out of work hours;
• Excellent computer skills, including that of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Leadership experience looked highly upon;
• Must be able to commit to at least 2 full day’s in the office, for a minimum of 6 months;
• Working with Children Check and willing to undergo a Police Check;
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About the Organisation
Apply for this Position
For details concerning this role , please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Programs Intern via Pro Bono Australia.